The South Central Regional Conference of PTG (SCRC)
cordially invites you to join us in Kerrville, Texas on
October 15 - 17, 2012.
Kerrville is about an hour's drive West of San Antonio Texas, in the heart of the Texas Hill Country.
The SCRC Board is designing a PTG Conference that will be relevant to the interests of the working piano technician. We will be offering
top-notch classes & instructors, in a beautiful setting, that will also be FUN!
Building on our successful 2010 SCRC, this year's event will feature:
- Classes begin mid-morning on Monday, 10/15/12, conclude mid-afternoon on Wednesday, 10/17/12. We are trying this new format that will leave the
weekend free. Many in our region will only need to be away from home for two nights.
- Registration costs just $299, for both members and non-members of PTG. Includes COMPLETE Meal Package! Having all meals included is a time saver,
and a great way to have fellowship with your colleagues. See the note below.
- Old West ambience at the YO Ranch Hotel Conference Center. Rooms available for just $79 single/double occupancy, $89 triple/quad. http://www.yoresort.com//
- Those who fly into the San Antonio airport can book a free Toonerville Trolley ride to Kerrville, subject to scheduling. Contact: Trolley Conductor
Chris Prewitt, 512.971.5302 Lfmusic@txwinet.com
- Two informal music jam sessions (Acoustic Song Circle, and Amplified, with piano, drums, mics) Monday and Tuesday evening.
- A gathering for War Stories- tall tales, yarns, and stories exchanged in a friendly setting.
Here is part of a thank you note we received from Duane McGuire, following our 2010 SCRC:
The SCRC conference was a winner for the following reasons:
The setting required transportation arrangements from the airport for out-of-towners.
This was handled by chapter members. As an out of towner, I got silk-glove treatment and an opportunity to visit with 3 instructors during the 1-hour ride to the conference: Chris Solliday, Scott Jones, and Melanie Brooks. A good education in itself.
The venue was small enough that instructors were very approachable. It was easy for me to gain additional insights outside of classes.
This was a feature of the site -- there weren't any other onsite dining options. In addition to its simplicity, it also provided an opportunity - 3 times a day - to get to know other folks. I went there not knowing a soul, but having meals with peers was just part of the program. This made making new friends easy.
Evening activities: Members provided the entertainment.
Talented folk singers, Jazz band, and other performing groups. Telescope views of the night sky. The finale activity was a riverboat tour of Lake Buchanan. The riverboat format was hokey, but the companionship was great. I continued my education on that ride.
Overall, I guess it was the best ever for me because it was just plain comfortable. As an out of towner -- I came knowing no one
-- and the convention organizers made me feel like an honored guest. It wasn't an act. Everything was just arranged for comfortable interaction.
Visit our website for details as they develop: http://www.scrcptg.org/
We truly hope you can join us. We will do our best to be sure it is a great experience, and that you will have a great time!
(Please forward this to any piano technicians you know, particularly non-members of PTG)
Many Thanks, your SCRC 2012 Board: